Monday, January 18, 2010

It's Official

Jeremy received his diploma from UVU this week, so he is officially a college graduate. I can't believe it's real. It seems like he was going to school for so long, and now that he's done, there is an excitement in the air about where our lives will go from here. We have been fortunate enough to have a few interviews already. We aren't too thrilled with the companies so far, but at least he's getting job interviews. He does have in interview tomorrow morning that we are both excited about. We'll see how that pans out though. His diploma looks so great, especially considering all the hard work it represents. Now we just have to wait for April to roll around so that he can walk and we can get all the pictures of him in his cap and gown!

In other news this week, Clara has decided it would be fun to see how many pencils she can put into a fan. (And yes, the fan was unplugged.)Clara wanted to wear her winter hat this week. She put it on, and then said, "Ears hiding!" She loved the idea that even her ears can hide. That is her new favorite "idea." She'll hide under the table all the time. I'll also say things like, "Where are your shoes?" Even though they are in plain sight on the floor, she'll say, "Shoes hiding in living room." Oh it makes me laugh.

Clara has also become fascinated with the camera. She has now made the connection of being able to see herself when I get it out. So now I have to show her every picture that I take. She also has started wanting me in the pictures with her. As a side note, Clara loves "friends." Any little kid is her "friend." I love how accepting she is of everyone. One day we were playing together and she said, "Clara Mom friends." It made my day knowing that she thinks we are friends. I know I better enjoy that as long as I can!

Jeremy and his cousin Ryan are Lord of the Rings fans. So they decided to have a movie marathon. Ryan came over to our house at 8:30 Saturday morning and watched all 3 Lord of the Rings movies - extended versions! They had so much fun comparing the movies with the books. Ryan's wife and daughter came over later on in the day too. It was fun to have them over for so long!

8 comments:

Lori Ann said...

Yes, enjoy the friendship while it lasts! By kindergarten, you will be yesterdays news!! :) She is adorable. Don't you sometimes wish they could stay that age forever?? It will be interesting to see how she adjusts to siblings one day! (if you want to name your next baby "lori", I won't stop you!)

chapples8 said...

Loved the picture of Ryan & Jeremy at their LOTR marathon. Those two sure love the same movies and can talk forever about them.:) I love your blog Sarah!

Allison said...

Clara is such a cutie! I love hearing all the cute things she says/does.

We're having a LOTR marathon here while Chris recovers from his surgery. First he watched all the special features on all three movies, and now he's working his way through the extended editions. Loooooooong movies!

Melanie said...

CONGRATULATIONS Jeremy! I am so proud of you for sticking it out & graduating! Your little Clara is adorable and I enjoy your blog. Glad you & Ryan were able to watch the lllllooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg LOTR movies---great memories!

Nici said...

Ry and I like to do Lord of the Rings marathons too. But, the last one Ry ate too much crap and spent the rest of the night throwing up! He is in no hurry to have another one :)

Mama's Makin's said...

I love Clara's eyes in that picture! So super cute. :)

Jeff said...

Congrats guys. You should look for jobs in the Logan area. You have friends here. One of which would be more than happy to watch LOTR anytime.

Justin Furr said...

Dude, I love the LOTRs! I wish Jenny liked them so we could watch them together. I want to do a marathon!

Hey, Jer, congrats man! That's a huge accomplishment. I just got mine in the mail too! Excitement! I'm gonna walk in April too. Maybe we'll get to see each other there.