Monday, October 13, 2014

Girls Weekend in Park City

My sister, Rachael, asked all of us if we wanted to run with her in the Pink Series 5k.  We all jumped on board and all of my sisters as well as sisters-in-law and Mom participated.  We stayed the night in a town home the night before the race.  It was so fun to be able to spend this time with family, but also support breast cancer! We talked, played games, and even all put a pink hair extension in all of our hair!
 Here we all are before the race began.
At the award's ceremony, they gave all the breast cancer survivors a pink crown and a glittery pink medal that said, "One Tough Girl."  As they were all up on stage, they had each person state who they were and how long they had been cancer free.  I was amazed at how emotional I was.  So proud of my sister for all she's been through this past year, and so glad she's a true survivor!
And here's my cute Clara this morning wanting to wear all pink to school!

No comments: