Monday, January 26, 2015

Civil Rights Day

Since Jeremy got the day off of work and Clara got the day off of school, we decided to take the kids swimming for Martin Luther King Jr. Day.  Our kids LOVE swimming and were super excited to go.
Clara wanted to celebrate further by getting chocolate ice cream.  I'm not sure how politically correct that is, and I felt a little awkward giving in, but she sure thought it was a great idea and wanted everything we ate that day to be as black as possible.

Joe LOVES rice.  He refuses to use any type of eating utensil to eat it though, which results in a huge sticky rice mess. 
He also gets embarrassed easily.  He was mad at me for taking this picture because he is, "Too too messy!"  That's why it's blurry too, he kept moving so that I wouldn't take the picture.

Joe recently got some gloves that he insists on wearing all the time.  The funny thing though is that he doesn't like to touch stuff while he wears them.  So I often find him with his arms at right angles directly out in front of him like this:
He even insisted on wearing his gloves to church yesterday even though the weather sunny and in the high 40s. 

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I think it is cute that she wanted to celebrate with chocolate ice cream. I think that would have made Martin Luther King smile.