Thursday, August 28, 2008

Day at the Park

Jeremy had his 10 year high school reunion this week. We went to a picnic dinner at a park and met up with some people he hadn't seen in 10 years. It was fun to get to meet some of his friends from High School. It was still awkward for me though. I think it was even a little awkward for Jeremy at times as people who would remember him and say hello, and he couldn't remember who they were. I think he was slightly dissappointed that more of his close friends didn't show up. There were a few that did however, and that made the reunion worth going for.

Jeremy started school again this week. I have such mixed feelings. He'll be more busy again, which means less time with us. But that also means we're one more semester closer to graduation. We've had some more frustrations arise with UVU changing when classes are offered. We were all mapped out to graduation until I started looking ahead and realized classes were no longer offered certain semesters. Luckily, after pondering our dilemma for a day, I was able to think up of a solution so that we can still graduate the semester we originally planned.To celebrate his last day of "freedom," we decided to take Clara to her first outing at the Park. She enjoyed the slides if Mom or Dad were going down with her.But if she were on her own, she really didn't like it.Boy is she glad to be off those slides! Oh yeah, Clara started walking while holding on to our fingers this week. She now prefers that to crawling. I can't believe how quickly the changes are coming now. When she was little, it would be weeks between new developments. Now she can't seem to learn new things fast enough.After the slides we took her to the swings. At first, she wasn't too sure about them. She soon found that she loved them though.I was putting something away in Clara's room the other day while she was sleeping. When I walked in, I found this.After laughing and giggeling for a little while, I got worried about her suffocating, so I pulled the blanket off.This last picture is of Addi, the little girl I baby sit. She is 3 months old now and is changing fast herself. Thanks Keri for letting me watch your little girl. I love it.

5 comments:

Katie M. said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! She is a doll. It's nice to get updates on your cute family :)

Traci said...

I can't believe how big Clara is getting. I love the picture of her smiling in the swing...So cute!

Maria said...

I love the 2nd picture of her in the swing. Great job capturing the moment!

Sharon Beck said...

I loved the two different pictures of Clara swinging. Glad you guys figured out how Jeremy can still graduate in the same amount of time. It's always sad when they are all busy again, eh? So glad he didn't have to go to school for a few weeks anyway. You're a great support to him while he's going to school and working. You're awesome!

Amy said...

Oh, but education is so important, as you know. Glad you're accomplishing your goals Jeremy. Way to be supportive Sarah. Those pics of Clara are soooo cute!