Friday, December 12, 2008

Another Week Gone By

I was able to attend the baptism of an 8 year old friend on Saturday. It was so fun to see "family" I hadn't seen in quite a while. Before I was married, I had no family in Utah. This family took me in and made me feel like I did have family here in Utah. It is always fun to see this family grow and change. The mother of the 8 year old is just a few days older than I am. This is also her second child. I can't believe how time flies. I know that even though Clara is 1, she will be 8 before I know it. I just want to enjoy the moments I have with her now before she changes. I guess that is why I take so many pictures of her.
This week didn't have anything else too exciting going on. I keep myself busy with tutoring for 1 - 2 hours a day, along with babysitting 4 days a week. It seems like everytime I tutor someone, Clara then needs my undivided attention. After I'm done it takes me just as long playing with her before she's not fussy anymore. Sometimes I love that she loves me so much and other times I wish she didn't have to be doing everything I'm doing.
Clara has really started to talk a lot on her own. It's all in her own language, but she jabbers all day long. She really does make me giggle. She tries to copy everything we are doing, and it makes playing with her so much fun.
We get together with the parents of the girl I babysit almost every Thursday. This Thursday they were nice enough to take pictures of our family for our Christmas letter that I will be writing soon. While we had the camera out, we took pictures of our little girls playing together. Clara is so good with Addi. She wanted to "dance" with Addi after a little prompting from Addi's dad. A little while later, she decided it would be fun to pat Addi's head. Silly, sweet little Clara. We love you!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

hahhahaha, I love Clara. I love all the sweet facial expressions she makes. What a sweet heart. It sounds like things are going well. WOW, you are keeping busy. YES, time does go by so fast, I agree. I can't keep up with it. :)
so cool that you are still tutoring sarah. That's so great that you are and have been such a great help to many people, like myself.
So, get this. I'm starting school again January. hahahha. I don't know how but I am. I'm taking my last math class....college algebra :(

Anonymous said...

I DEMAND my Christmas newsletter!! This is an important year in Clara's life and I want all the details!!

loriann7524@aol.com