Friday, June 12, 2009

Busy Week

This week has been another crazy busy week. We had my sister and her husband come down for a few days. Their little guy needed minor surgery at Primary Children's. So they stayed with me during that little ordeal. Here's a picture of their little guy right before they took him into surgery.My little brother also moved down this week. He'll live in the area for 2 months doing an internship at BYU. I'm so excited to have my family actually living so close to us!
On Tuesday this week, my friend took Clara and I to the zoo. Clara and Jared had a blast. Clara mostly loved watching Jared (my friend's little guy) run all over. She also liked seeing all the different kinds of animals. We watched an elephant show and a bird show. Clara LOVED the bird show. She was mesmerized the whole time. It was fun to see her be so fascinated with the birds.This was also a week of more projects! Here is the final framed cross-stitch that I talked about a few weeks ago. Jeremy's sister's birthday is today. I made it for her and it was done just in time to give it to her last night.The Young Women asked me to sew their girls camp bags for them. They leave for camp on Tuesday, so I needed to get those done. It was a little tricky as some steps were missing from the directions. But luckily I figured everything out and got them done in a relatively short amount of time. Each bag ended up taking an average of 2 hours each. They turned out so cute though. They are denim bags with fun fabric as lining. I kept the instructions and wrote down the pattern measurements so that I can make one for myself someday.I also made more overalls. Sorry the picture is a little blurry. For some reason, I couldn't ever get a focused picture.And the cute picture of the week is this one. Clara loves to help with the dishes, especially when Daddy is doing them.

6 comments:

LaChelle said...

Wow! I had no idea you were such an amazing seamstress. I love the picture at the zoo. We've been wanting to take Peter, once the weather starts getting better.

Can I ask a small favor? For Fathers Day I'm compiling a collection of notes from some of Darren's friends--just a couple of sentences describing what you like or admire about him, or a memory you have of him--nothing big. If you get a moment within the next week, is that something you'd be able to get to me? I'm sure it would mean a lot to him. You can email me at lachellehansen@gmail.com. Thanks!

AmbertheGreat said...

Thank you, thank you!!!! for doing the bags, I am sorry they took so long but they do look really cute. The zoo was great, we will definitely have to go again

Melanie said...

Wow---you have been busy! I love the cross stitch. I have done many cross-stitch projects and so I know how many hours it took you to complete. Melissa will love it!

Danielle said...

Sarah,
The cross stitch is fabulous! I also had no idea you were such a great seamstress! Wow!

Suzi said...

The cross stich is amazing. I remember the one you did when we were in roman gardens. I have always been amazed at your detication, I have many partially finished projects and I know they will never be finished.
Also that picture of Clara helping with the dishes! Adorable! You get some great shots of her.

Mama's Makin's said...

wow! Amazing pic sarah! :) WOW! You must really like your hubbies sister! :) 2 hours for each bag too! :) WOW! That is dedication!
glad to see you hard at work! :)