Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Father's Day

First, I want to tribute Jeremy. He is such a great father. I love watching him with Clara. He will do anything just to get her to laugh. I love that he has no inhibitions when it comes to her.
Jeremy gets to put Clara to bed every night. That is their special time together. I love listening to them in Clara's room. He always plays with her for a little bit before she goes to bed. I love to hear the growling from Jeremy and the laughter from Clara. It sounds like a carnival is going on and it makes me wish I could be there too.Next, I have to tell my own father how much I love and appreciate him. It will be 7 years this week since he passed away of a heart attack. He taught me so much during his short time on earth. My dad wasn't much of a talker, so what I did learn from him, I learned by example. I learned the importance of putting off your desires to serve those around you. I learned the importance of putting your family first no matter what. I learned the best thing you can do to help others is listen and not preach.Last, I would like to tell my father-in-law how much I admire him. I also enjoy watching him with Clara. He lights up when she smiles at him. He always makes sure things run smoothly and on time, which I appreciate more than he will ever know. I am also grateful for the good example he is to Jeremy. Jeremy does things his father did because Jeremy knows if he does those things he will be a great father.

2 comments:

Jerrile said...

I am so glad you could see by example the great things your Dad did. You were very observant. I am grateful. I can't believe it has been so long. How blessed we are to have men in our lives like your Dad, Jeremy and John. As women we need men like that who are faithful priesthood holders and fathers.

Sharon Beck said...

Sarah:


Thanks for you Father's Day tribute. I appreciate you as a Daugher-in-law and how you teach our Grand daughter and support Jeremy.