Monday, August 30, 2010

Clara's Sayings

This week has brought several ups and downs. So instead of going into details of our lives, I decided to do a post on some things Clara has said to me in the last little bit.Clara was playing with her stuffed Nala and Simba toys right next to the computer keyboard as I was trying to type some things. She kept pushing the keys, which would frustrate me. So I asked her not to touch the keys. When it happened again, I said, "What did I say?"
Clara's response: "Not touch keys."
"So why did you?"
"Simba did."

Clara was asking for something I didn't want her to have. After telling her no, she continued to ask for it. I looked at her and said, "I said no." Clara's response: "I said yes!"

When Clara wants something, instead of asking for it directly, she comes and asks me, "What would Clara like?" I then have to respond by saying, "I don't know, what would Clara like?"

Clara and Daddy love to be silly together. The latest "game" they play is calling each other names. Clara thinks this is quite funny and has been very quick to join in. Usually Jeremy calls Clara a hamburger or something like that, and then Clara calls him the same thing he just called her. However, the other day Clara made up her own name and said, "Daddy's a cow." She then laughed hysterically at her own joke.

Clara and I were playing together when she stopped and said, "Clara and Mommy are best friends."

1 comment:

Lori Ann said...

She is brilliant! I couldn't stop laughing over the "I don't know, what would Clara like?". Did you ever think you would have such a strange and fascinating child? :) (Strange in a good way!)