Monday, August 9, 2010

New Bike

Jeremy started his new job this week. It's weird to have him gone so long, but nice to know that he's making some money. He has an hour for lunch, so he does get to come home every day for lunch. That helps make it seem that he's not really gone that long.

I was able to have 2 girls night outs this week, and I loved every minute of them. On Tuesday, my good friend Natalie took me out to dinner and a movie for my birthday. (I know my birthday was a long time ago, but it took us a while to find a day we could both go.) We went to Cafe Rio and saw Letters to Juliet. It was so nice to laugh and enjoy ourselves. Thursday was my monthly book club. We hardly ever talk about the book we all read, but instead just visit about life in general.

On Saturday, Jeremy and I were able to attend the sealing of a friend of Jeremy's from High School. We dropped Clara off with an old roommate and headed to the Bountiful Temple. I love getting to attend sealings because I always leave them feeling grateful for my own wonderful husband and a desire to have the best marriage we can possibly have. They also make me feel like we are still newlyweds and I get so giddy when I'm around Jeremy.

When we picked Clara up from Suzi's house, she was riding a big wheel bike. Suzi asked me if Clara had any bikes. When Suzi found out that Clara didn't have any bikes, she promptly gave us the one Clara was currently riding. So far we've kept it in our house. Because I'm a clean freak, I gave it a bath as soon as we got it home. Since it was clean, I decided to just keep it in doors until Clara's ready to ride it outside. Clara is always on her bike. Every morning, when she walks into the living room and sees it, she says, "My bike!" She then runs right over and gives it a hug or sits on it. So thanks Suzi for the gift, Clara ADORES it.

This is Clara using it as a chair to watch TV. Here she is hugging it. And here is a great picture of how happy she is when she's riding it. Clara has gotten to where she no longer takes a nap. Usually she makes it to bed time just fine. However, one day this week, I left her playing in the living room as I was cleaning the house. I wasn't out of the room for that long, but when I came back, I found this: I can't believe she fell asleep playing with her toys!

1 comment:

Carrrie said...

It's funny how kids can go go go and then just fall a sleep in an awkward place. She is a cutie! The bike looks like so much fun!