Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Valentine's Day

We had a wonderful Valentine's Day.  We made cupcakes the night before and delivered them to some neighbors.  Clara was so excited to help decorate and give out these cupcakes.
We gave Clara a heart necklace for Valentine's Day that morning.  She insisted on wearing a dress and looking perfect for this special day.
Then Clara got to go to preschool and have a Valentine's Day Party.  She brought home this cookie she decorated.
Later on in the week, I had a tea party with Clara, and she insisted that I take a picture.  She also insisted that I be both a waiter, chef, and customer.  Boy was that challenging!
  • Clara wanted me to put the lid back on her chocolate milk.  "Make it tight, Mom.  Remember, 'lefty lucy, righty tighty'."  When I asked her where she learned that, she simply said, "Curious George."
  • Clara frequently wants us to look at something she's doing while we are driving.  I often tell her that I can't look, or we'll get into a crash.  One day she happened to ask me to look while I was at a stop sign, so I looked back.  As soon as I had done so, she said, "Mom, you can't look, we'll crash!"