Monday, May 7, 2012

Great Week

I LOVE our house.  We have the best neighbors and the best neighborhood.  I love how it's a quiet street, so I don't have to worry about too many cars driving by.  We hang out with all our neighbors quite a bit.  As the kids come out to play, they will congregate together, and then the moms can all visit. 

A neighbor girl got out their air pump to put air in her bike tire.  All the other kids took turns playing with it.  I love Clara's determination that she is working so hard!
When it was someone else's turn, for the air pump, Clara started coloring.  I'm amazed at how long that girl can color for, and how good she is!
On Thursday during preschool, Clara got to ride her bike at the park.  They had talked about transportation all week and were talking about which is the fastest.  To put their talk into practice, they ran/walked around the entire park, and then rode their bikes, timing each type of transportation.  Clara fared pretty well in the running/walking part.  However, she came in dead last in the bike one.  She was devastated that she was so far behind and couldn't catch up.  After crying because she "lost" (even though it wasn't a race,) she cheered up and said, "I'm the fastest girl here!"  Here's a picture right before they started riding their bikes, and as you can see, Clara is the ONLY girl!
We also were able to attend the temple this week.  A cousin of Jeremy's is going on his mission soon, and thus received his endowments.  I love getting to spend time in the temple with family.  It was such a wonderful day.
  • Clara was explaining to me how our rain gutters worked.  "First the rain goes there (pointing to the roof part.)  Then it comes down here, into this black thing, and then into the ground!"  When I told her that I was impressed that she figured that out all on her own, she said, "It's because I have a brain!"

1 comment:

Mama's Makin's said...

so happy for your and your new home! ;) Great neighbors make a huge difference too! :)