Monday, August 6, 2012

Welcome Home Joseph!

We were so excited to bring Joseph home on Tuesday last week.  It felt like a long time coming.  Driving to Provo twice a day got old fast, especially when I was getting home at midnight every night!

He did have to come home on oxygen though.  Because of that, I had to stay over night in the hospital with him.  It was just me and him in the room so that I could learn how to manage all his monitors and things with a nurse being down the hall in case I had questions or there was in emergency.  But the room was pretty nice for it being in a NICU unit.
Here is his first car ride.  He looks so tiny in that car seat.  I need to roll up receiving blankets to put on each side of him so he doesn't move from side to side too much.
Joseph brought Clara home a pillow pet, something that she's been wanting for a very long time.  She was amazed that Baby Brother knew her well enough already to know exactly what she wanted.  I simply told her it was because we're a family....
The day he got home, the neighbor girls had to come meet Clara's little brother.  Sometimes it feels like Joseph has 5 different mothers!  :)
I had to grab a few shots of little Joe after his bath so that you could see what he looked like without all the tubes attached to him.
I can't believe he's a month old today!  Welcome to our family Little Joe, we sure do love you, and very much consider you our little miracle baby!

3 comments:

Jerrile said...

He is a miracle baby. I think he is going to look like his Dad. Pretty cool. I will have to come over before I leave for Montana. Love you guys.

Danielle said...

I am glad he is home!

Genevieve Beck said...

I agree--I see a lot of Jeremy in him! Congratulations on having him home and I'm excited to meet him!