Monday, August 17, 2015

Fabulous Friday

This past Friday truly was a day of wonderful accomplishments.  We started the morning bright and early by attending my brother's graduation.  He graduated from BYU with his PhD in Physics.  He gets to teach at BYUI this fall.  I am so proud of him!
Here he is with his amazing family:
Matt with our very proud Mom:
And last, but not least, with my family:
Also on Friday, our little Jack turned 5 months old.  I can't believe half of a year has almost gone by since this little cutie came into our lives. 
The last wonderful thing that happened of Friday is that we got the phone call we've been waiting 5 months for: Jack no longer  has to be on oxygen!!!!!
There is a part of me that is still in shock.  I find myself still leaving enough time to switch out oxygen tanks before we have to leave.  Or I find myself searching for the tubing when I go to walk downstairs.  I feel like I'm forgetting something every time we leave because I don't have nearly the amount of things to carry as I usually do.  But oh how I'm loving my new sense of freedom!

Other things about this week (even though they didn't happen on Friday.)  We found some extra money this week so we took our kids out to eat, something we hadn't done in a very long time.  They were thrilled to get King Julein crowns from Wendy's!
And of course, they had to try it on Jack Jack
Also this week, Jeremy and I were able to cash in on a prize that Jeremy won from the radio station.  We got most of our gas paid for, the hotel room paid for, and a Rod Stewart concert paid for all by Z103!  We left Saturday morning, checked into the Ceazar's Palace in Vegas, attended the concert that night, then left early Sunday morning to come home.  It was a very quick get a way, but one that I will remember.
This last week was such a great one, I'm very sad to have it over.

No comments: