Monday, October 26, 2015

Pumpkin Bash

Edge Homes put on a Pumpkin Bash and we were able to get some wrist bands.  I was super impressed with how much stuff they had there for free.  There was funnel cake, Krispy Kreme doughnuts, hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, drinks, cotton candy and I'm sure more food that we just didn't see.  They had a live band playing and a pumpkin painting contest.  Jeremy, Clara, and Joe all entered, but none of them won.
We never got a good picture of Joe's since it was pretty much what you see in this picture of the painting process.
Here is Clara's finished pumpkin:
And here is Jeremy's storm trooper pumpkin next to his friend's spider man pumpkin. The spider man pumpkin actually won a prize.
The kids also got to meet Ariel, Cinderella, and Spiderman!
Joe and Clara each won a Beanie Baby at a ring toss game.  Clara picked out a white cat one that she named Adrienne.  Joe picked out an orange teddy bear that he insists is Winnie the Pooh.  They also got balloon animals.  Clara received a pink kitten and Joe got a brown dog.  They got their faces painted too.
They had bounce houses, photo booths, and so many carnival type games.  The kids had a blast.  We even got to take home as many pumpkins as we wanted.  Thanks for the great experience Edge Homes!
Joseph is turning into the funniest kid.  The only problem is that he hates it when people laugh at him (even if he told a joke.)  He also hates is when he is talked about, so I can't even tell Jeremy the funny things he does each day, unless I happen to remember to tell him after kids are in bed.  So here are some funny things that happened this week before I forget to tell anyone:
*Sunday was a hard day for me, I had gotten very little sleep all weekend, and I had a huge headache.  I had put Jack down for a nap and was hoping my kids would let me get a little rest in (Jeremy was away.)  After a long while Joe finally agreed to let me get a little nap in as long as he could tuck me in!  He followed me to my room and helped me put the covers over myself, and then told me good night as he left.
*Joe had gotten out of bed after we put him in bed for the night.  He needed to use the bathroom, so he didn't get into trouble at all.  But as I was putting him back in his bed, he said to his Winnie the Pooh, "Good job staying in bed Winnie the Pooh, you are a good boy!"
*Joe likes to have his toys watch him play on the iPad when he gets his screen time.  He often plays an app that has the characters of Cars in it.  Today I overheard him pretend to be his McQueen car and say, "Hey there's me!" to the game.

No comments: