Friday, June 27, 2008

Some News

Clara has had a lot of fun things happen to her this week. On Sunday her 2nd tooth cut through her gums. It is not the tooth next to her first tooth, so she will look like a jack-o-lantern soon if the in between tooth doesn't come through soon.

The same day her tooth cut through, was the first day Clara pulled herself to standing. We weren't able to get that one on camera, but she now does it frequently, and thus makes it more easy to capture.The rest of the pictures are some of the cute moments we had this week. I'll let them speak for themselves. I love you Clara. You make me so happy!I had my birthday this week. Jeremy treated me like a queen. It was the best birthday I had in a long time, and we didn't do anything extraordinary. Jeremy pitched in and did all the house work he could to give me a "day off." That was one of the best gifts he could have given me. I love you babe!

This week also marked the "anniversary" of my dad's passing. It's been 6 years, so usually it doesn't bother me too much. This year brought a lot of memories though, and I had to mention how much I love and admire my father. He was a great example of service. He was a quiet person, and didn't talk a whole lot. However, he made up for his words in actions. He was kind to everyone and willing to help out even after a very long day of work. He loved his family more than anything else. He showed us how much he loved the Lord by always attending his church meetings, even though his job made it so that he frequently went to bed at 4 am the morning of Church. Thanks for your example Dad. I love and miss you!

9 comments:

Genevieve Beck said...

She is so beautiful!
Happy belated birthday!!! I'm sorry I missed the day of. Sounds like it was great. Hope to see you guys soon.

McDuffie Family said...

How fun that she's doing all these things! Your dad is amazing! He lives on through you! Happy Belated Birthday!

Mandy said...

Sarah, it's great to see and keep updated on your cute little family. YES, HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!! Ok...Clara is just a doll. She seems like she is a very happy baby.
-Mandy

Sharon Beck said...

What a character, little Clara is. She has quite the personality! Cute, cute! I can't believe she is already pulling herself up. You can tell you work with her a lot.
Sarah, I would have loved to have known your dad--he sounds sharp!
So glad you had a relaxing day on "your" special day. I love you.

Jenilyn Anderson said...

I didn't know you guys had a blog. I am putting your link on mine! Clara is such a cutie!

Kara said...

Sarah, she's a cutie and has the greatest smile! She gets that from her mom! I'm so glad you found my blog. I love reading about your family.

Angie Miller said...

I thought of you on your birthday! Your daughter is a doll!

Danielle said...

Sarah,
Clara is still so cute. Also, Happy Birthday! I'm glad your dad was such a great example for you

Amy said...

LOL, what fun pictures. Happy Belated Birthday!