Friday, September 5, 2008

Random Happenings

We had some fun and exciting things come our way this week. Monday evening, we met up with an old friend of mine that I hadn't seen since high school! Her and her husband now live in Taylorsville, so we got to visit with them. They took a great picture of our family, but unfortunately we didn't get any pictures of them. Sorry Karalene!Clara turned 11 months old this week too. I know I say this at almost every post, but I can't believe how fast she is growing up. I cried on her "birthday" this time because 11 months is so close to a year. She's no longer a baby. It makes me so sad. However, she has started a new "game" with me. It's starting to get cold in the mornings, so after I feed her breakfast, her lips are blue and she had goosebumps all over. Even though I dress her in warm clothes, she still shivers. So our new "game" is one where after she's done eating, I wrap her up in a blanket and we cuddle. She loves it because she gets warm, and I love it because I can still cuddle with my baby. Many of my friends are having a hard time because their children who are Clara's age no longer want to cuddle with them. I am so grateful that Clara will cuddle with me every morning.Clara has started playing peek-a-boo with me. I will pull her blanket up over her face until she pulls it down and then I say "boo." She has now started pulling the blanket up herself, but she doesn't do it far enough to actually cover her face. However, she still gets the biggest grin while she's sitting there with the blanket raised. Then she laughs as I say boo when she puts it down. It is so fun to watch her grow.
Clara loves to play with Addi. I'm just not sure if Addi likes Clara to play with her! As soon as Clara sees Addi, she has to come see what Addi is doing. It's pretty cute, but I do have to watch Clara carefully! This picture was taken on the day Clara turned 11 months old.Jeremy accepted a new job this week. His hourly wage is the same, but he gets to work during the day instead of nights. They are willing to work around his school schedule, so Jeremy is very excited to start this new job in 2 weeks, after he can stop working at his current job. There are a few cons, which makes me nervous. But we feel the Lord's hands in our lives, so we get to build our faith through relying on Him for help. This new job doesn't offer medical benefits, but we have looked into getting independent health insurance. We think we've found some that will cover us fairly well for a fairly good deal. It's definitely not a permanent solution, but hopefully it will get us through until Jeremy graduates.

3 comments:

Sharon Beck said...

Cute picture of Addi and Clara. That's good that she gets along well with her.
That's awesome that Jeremy got a new job. I'll call you tomorrow and find out all about it. It'll be good for him to have a daytime job, won't it?

LaChelle said...

Glad to see you guys are doing well. Isn't it interesting how seeing your baby grow is exciting and sad at the same time? I really miss Peter when he was just a tiny newborn. But I'm also having a lot of fun with him now.
Congratulations to Jeremy on the new job! Are you guys still in Utah? We'd love to get together with you sometime.

ciara said...

Cute pics!! I love being in the presidency with you! We are going to have a lot of fun!!