Friday, May 29, 2009

Memorial Day & Projects

We visited family's graves on Saturday this year. I was glad to get pictures of Clara next to the headstones of both the people she is named after. It's always fun to go visit with family outside. We visit 4 different graves ranging from Bountiful to American Fork. We then have a BBQ at Jeremy's parent's house. We had such a great Saturday. This one was so cute, the two youngest cousins (besides the baby) wanted to sit next to baby Timothy. It always fascinates me how much little kids are attracted to babies. On Monday we went to Jeremy's brother's house to watch movies. It's just not the same with kids though. We were planning on watching 2 to 3 movies. We only got 1 1/2 in. After the 2nd one had started Clara was done, and so was her cousin Timothy.
I also got a lot of projects done this week. I finished a cross-stitch that I had been working on for a very long time. I think I started it almost 2 years ago. I quickly dropped it off to get framed, so I will have to post pictures of that later. I also made Clara some shorts, which she is wearing in the last few photos. Along with the shorts, I made matching shorts for our neighbor's little girl. Her 1st birthday was Wednesday, so I made those and a cute little jumper outfit for her birthday. I didn't get a photo of those before I gave them away. Oh well.
These last 2 pictures have a little story to go with them that I wanted to share. I wanted to get pictures of Clara in the shorts I made for her, but she was too interested in the camera. So I started running away from her, turning around, took a picture really fast before she caught up to me. She is a fast little girl, so it took quite a while of doing this before I could get any good shots. It soon became the best game ever and she LOVED chasing me all around the house. You can tell by her face in these pictures that she really did have a ball!

2 comments:

Maria said...

Wow Sarah, I had no idea you were such a good seamstress! Check you out!
I love the pictures where she is chasing you. McKay is just now getting to where he will actually stop and pose for me so I can take his picture as long as I let him see the picture on the camera after I take it. Definitely makes taking pictures interesting!

Mama's Makin's said...

Way to go! Feels so good to get projects done! :) I am currently working on each closet in my house! BORING but rewarding!

So I have to know, what ever happened to the Last Supper cross stitch, I forget, did you give it away? Or did I convince you to keep it? If you did give it away, did you ever do your self another?