Monday, July 20, 2009

Busy Week

Monday night was a birthday party for a niece and nephew of Jeremy's. Also on Monday, I made a purse for another niece of Jeremy's whose birthday is coming up. They are the same pattern that I used for the last bags I made, the ones for girls camp. But I got a lot of people wanting me to show the lining inside, so these pictures show the whole purse better. Wednesday was when some friends of mine took me out to dinner for my birthday. We truly live in a wonderful little complex. A tradition started sometime last year that all the women would get together for birthdays and treat each other for their birthday dinner. I decided to go to a wonderful Mexican restaurant that is just down the street from us. They have heavenly nachos! I'm so glad I live next to such good friends.
Thursday night my little brother came over to visit and then watched Clara for us while we attended a very late endowment session. Jeremy's cousin received her endowments. It was so fun to get to visit with family in the temple. I had a very special time there. I love going to the temple. It truly pushes things that are not that important out of your mind. I love the peace that comes from going. Thanks Matt for watching Clara so late!
Friday night was a wedding reception for another of Jeremy's cousins. I had never met him before, so it was great to finally meet the last of those cousins. They had a little stream running through the reception place. Clara loved the water and would run and look at the water any chance she got.
Saturday was lunch with some coworkers of Jeremy's. We met as families at a hot dog stand in Provo. It was hot outside, but that didn't stop Clara from running around all over. Her little face was bright red by the time we left. (We were only there for about 45 minutes.) Due to the heat, we were all talking about how wonderful a pool would be. Jeremy's coworker stated that they have a pool in the condos they live in. So after lunch we headed to Lehi to enjoy a wonderful few hours in a pool. I wish I had brought my camera to the pool. Clara usually loves the pool, but is scared of how deep the water is. So when we take her to a pool, she gets in with us, but clings to our necks as we walk around. This time she hung out at the steps and would just get in and out. She loved being able to stick her feet in and splash all around.
Clara has a new favorite "toy." She dumps out the blocks we keep in this container and wears it all around out apartment. She loves her "hat" and is so proud to show it off to anyone on the room.Melissa took some pictures of our little family when we went to visit her for her birthday in June. She sent those to us this week and since we hardly ever have a family picture to post, I wanted to include it. Thanks Melissa for taking it!

No comments: