Monday, July 13, 2009

Date Night

This week for our date night, Jeremy and I decided to hike Bridal Veil Falls. It was a great date. Jeremy and I "met" on a hike, but don't really get out and hike much anymore. It was nice to remember what it was like when we first started dating 4 years ago. Has it really been that long?I also read a book this week that I received as a birthday gift. It is a very short read, but well worth my time. I don't think I necessarily learned anything reading it, but it was such a good reminder about what it means to be "balanced." I especially loved the story about how her husband excitedly gave her dinosaur earrings for her birthday. At first she was greatly disappointed they weren't the elegant earrings she was hoping for, but then she looked at it in a way that really hit home to me. Anyway, I recommend this book.

Clara has also learned a lot this week. She now tries to say every word I ask her to say. She is so cute as she thinks about it and then tries to make it come out. My favorite word that she says right now is "pillow." It comes out "plillow" in the sweetest voice ever. She has also learned the color yellow. This is also a cute word she says, but I love her face when she says it even more. She gets this look of pride and accomplishment when she recognizes that something is yellow and can show me.

4 comments:

Mama's Makin's said...

fun times. :) Cute clara stories! 4 years really? wow! That means we have been friends for what 10! wow! crazy!

Anonymous said...

That is one smart girl you have:) Danielle's daughter Elly called yellow "lel lo" No Harry Potter date night?

LaChelle said...

Hiking! What a great idea. Darren and I haven't been hiking in ages. And I can't believe it has already been four years for you guys!

Thanks for the short book review. I'd like to read it sometime. Emily Watts is the mother of one of my best high school friends, so I really enjoy seeing her work.

Unknown said...

Cute picture! I love that hike!