Monday, July 27, 2009

Boise, ID

This last weekend, Jeremy and I decided to go visit my old roommate and her husband. I had been telling Jeremy about these two since we've been married, and he wanted to go meet them. Angie was my roommate 10 years ago this summer! I can't believe how time flies. We were only roommates for about 2 months, but it was the best summer of my life so far. Not only did I have a great ward and the best roommates, but I was finally happy with where I was in life. I had some serious self-esteem issues throughout junior high and high school. I decided about mid way through my sophomore year of high school that I was going to like myself more. It was something I had worked on for years and that summer was the summer I finally realized I was over all of those issues. I relaxed enough to just be myself and had a WONDERFUL summer. I am also good friends with her husband, and even knew him before I knew Angie. I couldn't wait to see them again.We left after Jeremy got home from work on Thursday, so we arrived in Boise late Thursday night. We stayed up even later because we just couldn't stop visiting.

On Friday we went to a wonderful park. It has great playground equipment as well as a little splash area. Clara loved the water best of all. I wished I had brought our camera to that little outing. It was basically like a whole bunch of different types of sprinklers that came out of cement. Clara loved reaching out her hand and touching the water. She also loved splashing in all the puddles. There was even one water "thing" that filled buckets up with water. Once the buckets were full, they would dump themselves over, getting all who were standing under them wet. Clara didn't want to go stand under the bucket, but she watched it fill and dump for quite a long period of time. It was funny to see her just stand and watch for 10 minutes straight. She would then run to some other water that she could touch with her hand and then run right back to watch the bucket again.

Friday night we had dinner with one of Carl's old roommates and his wife. It was so fun to see Rance and Julie again. Their oldest is 8. I loved how even though all the kids were proof that a lot of time had passed by since we were all single and hanging out, it was as though we constantly see each other. There was never any awkward conversations, just laughing and joking around like we used to do so long ago.

Saturday morning Jeremy and I went to the Boise, ID temple. It is always fun to attend a different temple than you are used to. Jeremy had never been to the Boise temple either. It was great to go so early in the morning too. There really weren't very many people there so we could get in right away. On our way out, we ran into several weddings. It made me remember the day Jeremy and I were married. Oh what a happy day that was for us!When we got back from the temple, we went swimming. Carl and Angie have a pool in their sub division. Clara LOVED it. She is getting more and more comfortable with pools. There was a little pool that is only 1.5 feet deep next to the bigger pool. She loved being able to walk around that little pool. She would go back and forth constantly from the little pool to the big one. She couldn't understand why she couldn't touch the bottom in the big pool either. She even got mad at Jeremy once because he wouldn't put her down in the water that was over her head. It was kind of scary with how comfortable she got. As long as we were semi close, she would just step off the edge into the big pool.

We left Saturday afternoon to come back home. Due to lack of communication on more than one occasion, instead of taking 5.5 hours to get home, it took us 7.5! We were so glad to get out of the car late Saturday night.

Thanks Angie and Carl for being such good hosts. We loved being able to visit with you!

4 comments:

Carl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angie Miller said...

So sorry it took so long to get home - we wished you would have stayed and played forever!

Mama's Makin's said...

oh my gosh that is carl! :) crazy! :) how fun to see a pic of him. ;) glad you got to have a good little get a way! :)

Jenny said...

Sounds like fun! I love Idaho and going to new temples. lucky duck!