Monday, August 3, 2009

Weeks Gone By

On Tuesday this week, I was able to purchase the new Brad Paisley CD. I was impressed by this new one. The last 2 albums he has put out hasn't been my favorite. I still like Mud on the Tires and Time Well Wasted better than this one, but it is just as good as Who Needs Pictures. In case you don't know me very well, I LOVE Brad Paisley. I have been a fan since his first album came out in 1999. I own every album of his, although there are a few that I don't listen to that often. Tuesday was a rough day, so when I got back from purchasing the CD, I just sat in the car and listened to the rest of it. Jeremy was kind enough to watch Clara while I had some "alone" time. It was so nice to just sit and listen.On Thursday of this week, I ate my first tomato that I grew myself. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of it before it was gobbled up. My mother-in-law gave me a tomato plant for Mother's Day this year. I've been watering it every day and finally got to eat the fruit of my labors. Jeremy doesn't like tomatos so I got to eat it all myself. There is another tomato that is getting close to being ready to eat, so I took a picture of that.
On Friday, we went as a family to the Bean Museum at BYU. Clara loved looking at the animals before, but this time she was scared to even walk in the door. She finally went in if Mom was carrying her, but not Dad. We took her to see the ducks first since she was so scared of all the other animals. Once she got used to the stuffed ducks, she wanted to get down. She then ran all over like before, pointing and getting excited. We had fun watching her get so excited as she would see animals she knew.

On Saturday we went as a family to the Lindon Aquatic Center. It just opened this summer. We had a blast. We didn't bring our camera, but I found a picture of it online. Clara loved this little place. We'll definately go again.

2 comments:

Aaron and Megan said...

We were wondering if there is still going to be a get together with the Hawkes this weekend?
goodrichaj@gmail.com

AmbertheGreat said...

looks like fun, thanks so much for the dinner! When the weather cools down we will have to plan another trip to the zoo