Monday, August 24, 2009

New Bed

On Wednesday, Clara got a new bed. I decided I wanted to put her into a toddler bed before she learned how to open doors. So we pulled out the toddler bed we had been given over a year ago and packed up the crib. I braced myself for the long night, but I don't think Clara ever got out of bed that night, or any night since for that matter. Nap time is another story because she really doesn't like going to sleep in the middle of the day, but night time has been a breeze with her new bed. And even nap time isn't horrible. She'll just get up and play until she's ready to put herself to sleep.On Thursday, we met some friends at the park. I love these two sisters: Mandy and Kim. I got to know both of them through tutoring them in their math classes, but ended up loving them enough to become good friends. Mandy has a little girl that is just a month older than Clara. And Kim has a dog that Clara played with the whole time we were there. Clara would grab the dog's leash and follow it around where ever it went. She even learned the word "little" that day and kept saying "Little" as she pointed to the dog.
My mom and sister came to visit on Friday and were here for the rest of the weekend. We had some friends over that Mom hadn't seen in a long time. We had so much fun visiting with Mom and Emma. Thanks for coming to visit!

2 comments:

Mama's Makin's said...

Dude, I so wish I could take down our crib. There is just no point really :) But congrats on your big step into the Toddler bed!

Amy said...

I hope the bed situation stays that way and the novelty doesn't wear off. It has worn off for my 2 year old. :S Ah well, It was so great to see you and eat with you guys the other day. You are a such sweet family.