Monday, August 17, 2009

Parks

So Clara and I went to playgroup this week. We normally go every week, but this week was unique in the fact that we were the only ones who showed up. OK, more people came after we had been there for 45 minutes. I was glad I brought my camera along. Since Clara had free reign of the playground, she explored things she normally avoids. When we got home from the park, I filled our neighbor's wading pool with water. Clara had a blast playing by herself in the pool too. Usually there are too many kids for her to really enjoy it. After a while, she decided to water a plant.

She probably filled that bucket up 10 times and was never able to actually water the plant. She kept watering her toes instead.

Clara has also learned how to say "cheese" for the camera. I love the way little kids think they are smiling so beautifully for the camera, but really they are just making a squishy face.On Friday this week, we attended the wedding of Jeremy's cousin, Dallin. Dallin and Heather had a wonderful sealer who gave them lots of great advice. It made me want to change how Jeremy and I do some things so that our marriage could be stronger. Congratulations Dallin and Heather! Friday was also a day of visiting with old friends. Apparently, I have lots of connections with people Dallin and Heather know. Heather's brother in law is Jesse. Jesse and I were good friends 10 years ago when I lived with Angie and Angela. Since I recently made the trip to Boise to visit with Angie, we talked about Jesse in some of the good memories we were remembering. And here, 3 weeks later, in walks Jesse! At their reception, I ran into an old co-worker of mine who happened to be serving in the ward where Dallin and Heather met. And then, to top it off, their photographer was an old student of mine. I loved visiting with so many people I hadn't seen in so long. (Sorry the wedding pictures are so blurry. I'm not very good at taking pictures....)

We ended the weekend with saying good bye to Matt. My little brother had been living in Provo all summer doing an internship. It was so nice to see him on a weekly basis. But this morning I drove him to the airport and said goodbye. He'll be starting school again soon, but hopefully he'll be back in a year! We'll miss you Matt!

5 comments:

Aaron and Megan said...

We were looking forward to the reunion for weeks, then we had sick kids :(

Mama's Makin's said...

holy cow clara is looking more and more like both of yoU! she is just the perfect mix! how fun.

Sharon Beck said...

Sure enjoyed having your and Clara come by the house, Sarah. It actually looks like your play group was better as far as one on one time with Clara.
I didn't realize you knew Dallin and Heather's photographer. You did know a lot of people that were there! Small world!

Kent said...

Wow, I can't believe how big Clara is getting. I loved the pictures and the video.

Michelle said...

So fun to see you guys at the wedding. I felt the same way about things the sealer said. . .and we've been married 12 and 1/2 years! :)
Clara is just beautiful, and I always enjoy reading your posts.