Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Libby, MT

For Labor day, we decided to head back to my roots. My grandma and grandpa still live in the house that I grew up in, so we drove 13 hours to Libby, MT to visit them. While we were there, I decided to go through all my stuff that I had in storage. Boy was that walk down memory lane fun! I brought back a ton of "new" toys for Clara to play with. Whenever Addi (the girl I babysit) wanted to play with one of these "new" toys, Clara would try to rip it out of her hands while screaming, "MINE." I'm glad that Clara has such a fond attachment to toys that we didn't have to buy her!

We also went to visit my father's grave. I tried to tell Clara that her Grandpa was there, but she was pretty clueless. She loved the pretty flowers though!And we can't go to Libby without visiting my favorite falls. Clara walked by herself all the way down to the falls. She LOVED getting to walk over all those rocks. She fell quite a bit, but that didn't stop her from wanting to do it her"self." Oh my little independent girl, I love you!

2 comments:

Mama's Makin's said...

made me so sad to see your dad's grave stone. But it looks like the family is doing great. :) loves!

Angie Miller said...

My goodness - you are such travelers this summer!