Monday, September 28, 2009

Relief Society Broadcast

I had the wonderful opportunity to attend the Relief Society Broadcast in the Conference Center. Jeremy's sister is Sister Julie Beck's secretary. She usually can get good seats because of her connections. But this time she lucked out and got GREAT seats. She didn't know this ahead of time, but they had saved her seats in the "family" section. This is where the families of the general authorities sit. The general authorities come out and visit with their families before the broadcasts start. I was sitting right next to Sister Beck's granddaughter. So even though I didn't get to actually meet Sis. Beck, she was close enough that I could have touched her. Elder Nelson also was visiting with his family who was sitting on the row in front of us. He was about 5 ft away. As I started looking around, I also saw Sister Sheri Dew on the row ahead of me as well. I just took it all in and couldn't believe I was there. As I watched Elder Nelson put his arm around his wife and hug granddaughters, I was overcome with the spirit. It bore witness to me that he truly is an apostle of the Lord. He glowed. I also thought about the sacrifices that the families make. I was so grateful for their sacrifice so that I can be inspired and uplifted by our leaders. That set the tone for the rest of the night. I was so close to the spirit all meeting. It was hard to hold back my tears as I listened to the talks given. For those who missed it, it was a great meeting. It was well worth the drive by myself, finding a parking spot, walking in so early, etc. I almost didn't go due to Jeremy having so much homework. If I just went to our stake center, I could watch Clara for a few more hours for him. But he encouraged me to go, and I am so grateful that he did. It truly was an experience to remember.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Wow! That is so awesome that you got to do that. I loved the meeting, too, and felt the Spirit as well, sitting in our stake center in Arkansas. :)
Good for Jeremy for encouraging you to take that amazing opportunity!