Tuesday, September 22, 2009

New Schedule

Sorry this post is a day late, but yesterday was a jam packed day. I had errands to run, kids to watch and students to tutor. I didn't get home until 8 pm last night. Which was fine because that is when Jeremy got home too. Jeremy started his internship yesterday. He now leaves the house between 7 and 7:30 depending on the morning and doesn't return until close to 8 pm. I miss him! I keep telling myself this is for the greater good and that it is only 13 weeks. It will be over before we know it.

Clara is getting so big. I know I say that on almost every post. But she has recently learned to count. I'm amazed at what she picks up. I didn't really sit down and teach her to count, but one day we were playing a game. I count to 5 on my fingers (and out loud) and she then gives me a high 5 when all my fingers are up. A while ago, after I finished my 5, she said, "six, seven, nine, ten." I was shocked. After she shows interest, I sit down and teach her things. So now she can mostly count to ten. She hasn't gotten it right yet, but she skips different numbers each time, so I know she knows all of them. It's just hard remembering them all. She also knows all her letters, although she can't name them in order. She also has almost all of her colors down: white, black, brown, pink, orange, red, blue, purple, green, and yellow are the ones she does know. She can recognize emotions now. When she sees someone crying she'll say, "sad." She also points out that people are "happy" when they are laughing.

Clara talks all the time too. Every where she goes, she says the objects she sees and names their color. If I'm walking too fast, she'll yell out, "wait, I coming." She loves to learn new words too and will practice saying words all the time. I'm trying desperately to teach her to "use her words" when she throws a tantrum or cries. She expects me to know what is wrong when she starts screaming. Most of the time I do know what is wrong, but since she hasn't told me, I won't do anything about it until she does tell me. It's exhausting work, especially in the middle of the grocery store, but I'm hoping it will help in the long run.

Clara throws MANY tantrums these days. But with all the outburts and tears, there are also many times of happiness. I love how happy Clara can be too. Just as frequently as she throws tantrums, there are also looks of sheer joy on her face. Her eyes just sparkle when she is happy. I love it.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

She is cute with that ponytail!