Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Get Away

Thanks to Jeff and Emily for watching Clara while Jeremy and I went on a 2 day (one night) get away. We started our little excursion by watching The Blind Side. If you haven't seen it yet, GO! I had heard great things about the movie, but I was still blown away with how good it was. Not only does it have a great story, but the characters are well developed and draw you in. I was crying through pretty much the whole movie. Jeremy even leaned over once and said, "It is weird that I almost cried?" I LOVED it.

We then headed to temple square to recreate one of our first dates. I had so much fun looking around the church history museum. I always feel the spirit so strongly as I read about the prophet Joseph Smith. I know Joseph Smith saw God and Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for the huge sacrifices Joseph Smith made so that I could have the gospel in my life. He endured countless hardships and even sacrificed his life so that the world could have the true church on the earth today.

Next was a very yummy dinner at Red Lobster thanks to my wonderful friends in Boise who sent us a gift card to Red Lobster as a graduation gift for Jeremy. Jeremy had never been to Red Lobster before, so it was a great place to go for dinner.

We then were able to check into the Anniversary Inn. It was amazing. They had complimentary cheese cake and sparkling cider in our room. It was so nice to just relax and be with Jeremy for the evening. We rented some movies and watched them. Our room was fantastic. Jeremy ended up taking 50 pictures again. I love watching him become so excited that he wants to take pictures of everything. We were in the Swiss Family Robinson room. Our bed was in the tree house above Jeremy's head in this picture. We also had a waterfall as our shower. It was so fun!Jeremy and I slept in the next morning and just relaxed. It's always so nice to be lazy in the morning. I haven't been able to do that since we had Clara! After having a lazy morning, we were able to attend an endowment session in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. We then headed over to the Draper Temple and did a short sealing session.

We decided to cut our get away short at that point because we wanted to be home before dark. The weather was awful and I didn't want to be stuck driving on black ice. We had seen 6 - 7 accidents that day, we we were so grateful to get home safely.

We had a fabulous break and it has been hard getting back to real life again. Thanks again Jeff and Emily for taking care of Clara. We LOVED getting to spend so much time together. It was a wonderful 2 days.

2 comments:

Mama's Makin's said...

Recreated a FIRST date of a church history museum and then a hotel? Hmmm... I think we need to have a little talk. :)

glad you had a great time. :)

Angie Miller said...

Jealous. Glad you guys had so much fun!