Monday, December 14, 2009

Santa Claus is Coming to Town

So Clara now knows who Santa is. I don't think she quite grasps the idea that he gives presents, etc. But whenever she sees a picture of Santa, or Santa on TV, she gets really excited and says, "Santa!" So I thought there just might be a chance that she would sit on Santa's lap this year for our Ward Christmas party. No such luck. So here is another hilarious family photo that we will laugh about for years to come. After she got off Santa's lap, it took her a long time to calm down. She loves looking at pictures of herself, so I decided to distract her by having her look at the camera. Well, when we got to the pictures of Santa, she started crying and said, "All done Santa." We were one of the first people to get to sit on Santa's lap. People who didn't know we had already gone would come up and ask Clara if she wanted to sit on Santa's lap. She would start sobbing and say, "No no no no." It made me laugh. Poor kid wasn't getting any sympathy from her Mom, and where was her Dad anyway? She knew she had to wait for him to get out of the Church with that crazy Santa in it.

Other funny things Clara has done this week. We were leaving a store when Clara told me she was hungry. Since we were already in the car on our way home, I told her I would get her something to eat at home. She responded by telling me the store was hungry. I think she thought that if the store was hungry too she might get to eat there instead of having to wait to get home. Same type of story: Clara was telling me she was hungry. I was in the middle of a task and so I told her that I would get her something to eat as soon as I was done. (Which really meant that I would help her as soon as I got to a point where I could.) She brought me one of her blankets and said, "Blanket hungry, Mom." Maybe if it's the blanket that's hungry I might feed it sooner?

And the count down continues for UVU. Thursday is Jeremy's last final. By the time I write next week's blog, he'll be a college graduate! Ok, so maybe an almost college graduate since we have to wait for the diploma to arrive in the mail before I can officially say that, but he'll be done with every thing he has to do to be able to graduate!

9 comments:

Kate said...

haha, poor Clara! I remember the ward Christmas party last year. Those will be fun pictures to look back on and laugh at! Congrats to you guys and being done with school! That is very exciting!! Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!

Tricia said...

What a priceless picture! So funny - Bradley was looking at the computer screen as I was looking at your blog and he said, "Jeremy scary!" I think it is funny he recognized him and Clara didn't seem to notice.

Mama's Makin's said...

Oh my goodness! that is the funniest pictures EVER! I do mean EVER. You could have video ed that and sent it in to win some MULA! :) And pay for that school that Jeremy is almost done With! :) that is HALARIOUS! :) love it! :0 thanks for sharing!

Danielle said...

Hilarious picture!

Carrrie said...

That is so funny!! What a great picture of you all! ;)

Allison said...

Hahahahaha!!! That's so funny! Now you have a great story to embarass her in front of the boys :)

We are leaving Saturday and will be down there for two weeks. We're usually busier than we think we're going to be, since we have to squeeze in time with both our families, but it would be great to get together if we have a chance! Chris's family is in Sandy, so we're not too far from you guys. I'll let you know how things look once we're there!

Michelle said...

That is so hilarious! Definitely a classic. :)

Jerrile said...

Doesn't Clara know that Santa is Dad's friend? I think that is so cute. I am surprised that she doesn't recognize Jeremy, he could be Santa again next year.

Love you guys,
Gramma

Angie Miller said...

I'm dying. This is too funny.