Monday, May 24, 2010

Crazy May

Jeremy and I woke up early this morning to head to the temple. I heard it "raining" and looked out side to see how hard it was coming down. I was shocked to find this: I can't believe it's the end of May, and we had to scrape our car off! It probably snowed close to 2 inches here today. By the time we got home from the temple, this poor tree's branches were almost touching the ground because of all the weight of the snow. Last Monday, for FHE, we found a coupon for Chuck E Cheese tokens. Clara LOVED it the last time we went, so we thought she would have fun. We were right! Her favorite thing there was putting coins in. We tried to get her to have fun herself, which she did to begin with. But then after a while, she just wanted to put coins in EVERYTHING and watch Mom and Dad play. We did get her hooked on throwing "little balls." But that only lasted for a little while and then she was on to other things. The only other thing that she did over and over again though was ride this trolley. It made us laugh how much she enjoyed it. (Sorry about the quality of this video. It looks so much better on our computer, but when blogger uploaded it, it lost something.

She also loved this spider game until we put coins in. She got really scared and ran off the spider. But as long as it was just blinking, she would "dance" away on that thing.Jeremy ended up with 4 different job interviews this week! So at least the job hunting is still productive even though we haven't been able to land a job yet. One of the companies he interviewed with have 3 openings. So that means we have a better chance of getting at least one of the jobs right?

I also watched Addi and her little sister this week. We miss seeing Addi every day! When Clara saw Brooklyn, Clara wanted to hold her. She was so excited when I put Brooklyn on her lap. Brooklyn even pulled her hair (which happened in the middle of this picture) and Clara didn't cry or seem bothered at all. Then Addi wanted a turn holding her little sister. Truthfully I think it was more because we got the camera out and she wanted her picture taken! :)I made Clara a hat this week. I decided to try out the embroidery aspect of my sewing machine and embroidered Minne on the hat too. The hat is a little big for Clara, but she loves it! We were playing outside the next day and it was pretty windy. After having the wind blow her hat off a few times, she just carried it around with her. When I asked her if she wanted me to hold her hat for her, she said, "No, Clara carry it!"

We also headed to the dollar store this week where Clara found a pair of sunglasses that she loved. I decided to spend the buck and get her them. I wished I had gotten her sunglasses several times last year, so I figured it couldn't hurt. Here she is sporting her crooked Minnie hat and new sunglasses!Also this week, our Relief Society Presidency dropped flowers off at every sister's house in our ward. I thought they were beautiful and it definitely made my day. Some more Clara stories:

I took Clara outside to play for a little bit. Our apartment was hot and so I wanted to get out to cool off. I love watching Clara play. She says things to me that I say to her. For example, when we are walking to church and Clara stops to smell the flowers, if she smells them for too long, I'll say, "Keep moving." So tonight, I was following Clara around as she played on her scooter. If I would get too far behind her, she would say, "Keep moving." It made me laugh.

While I was playing outside with Clara, she was riding a scooter and said, "Go right." She then went to the right. When she had almost run off the sidewalk, she said, "Go the other way." I was impressed that she knows her right and her left (even if left is 'the other way'.) I have no idea where she picked that up from. At first I thought it was just a coincidence, but when she was taking a bath that night, I overheard her tell Jeremy "Go to the right." She was coloring in the tub and when she said that, she drew a line going to the right. So I guess she really does know her right and her left!

Cara and I went for a walk on an overcast day this week. She told me about the white clouds that she saw in the sky and even pointed out some dark ones that "block the sun." I can't believe she knows so much!

Something that Clara says a lot that I keep forgetting to record is "Clara got it, Mommy lost it." If I have her blanket and she takes it from me, she'll say that. Anytime she takes something from me, she says that. It makes me laugh!

2 comments:

Mama's Makin's said...

impressive machine! That minie rocks ! I am jealous! :) You can get coupons from online at anytime. SOME TIMES the ones in the paper are better - but not always. AND they take expired coupons. SO SAVE them, the deals get a little "worse" each year! I just buy the 100 tokens for a deal and we use 1/2 of them so that a day at C.C. is like 8 bucks which is nice! :) Fun times!

Carrrie said...

Clara is such a cutie! I want a fancy sewing machine like yours, that hat turned out cute! My sewing machine is older then I am I think, it's really my moms. :)
Chuck E Cheese is always a great fun time for the kids. and if you have a coupon...even better for you! :)