Monday, May 10, 2010

New Babies

My sister had a baby girl last Sunday, and since she lives in Oregon, I haven't been able to see little Kaycee yet. But here are a few pictures that my Mom sent me. I love how elated her oldest brother looks!My sister in law had a baby girl yesterday. We got to go see little Britta yesterday. Clara was so interested in the little Britta. She climbed right up next to her Dad to get a better view. She was even more excited when we offered to let her hold her. She actually held her for quite a long time considering what the attention span of a 2 year old is. When she noticed that Britta was sleeping, she kept telling us all to be quiet. It melted my heart to see my little Clara being so gentle and loving.We also celebrated Jeremy's Mom's birthday yesterday (as well as Mother's Day.) One of the projects that I mentioned a few weeks ago was a bag that I had made for Sharon. So now that she has seen her gift, I have to post pictures of the bag. I was so impressed with how it turned out. I had made smaller bags before, but I wanted Sharon's bag to be a little bit bigger and have a few extras on it. So I basically made up my own pattern (based off the smaller one though) and I think it turned out great.I splurged and bought Clara a nice swimming suit a few weeks ago. I LOVE the swimming suits that are basically T-Shirts and Shorts. I waited and waited for them to go on sale last year so that I could get Clara one then. But apparently those kind never go on sale. So this year I bought the swimming suit a size bigger in hopes that Clara can wear it next year too. Anyway, the second time she was able to wear it this year I got my camera out to take pictures. As you can see from this picture, Clara LOVES playing in the water. We have such great neighbors to always come knock on our door when they have their swimming pool set up.No new news yet as far as Jeremy's job goes. We heard from the Idaho company on Thursday as promised, but they informed us that it would be Tuesday before we found out. So Jeremy is still constantly applying and has an interview lined up for Tuesday as well. We sure would like to have a job soon!

We were driving home yesterday after visiting Britta. Clara loves to watch the stop lights and when it turns green, she says "Green means go." She wanted me to repeat it, so I did. She then asked Dad to say it. After he did, she said, "Good job Dad." She wanted him to say it again, so he did again. This time she said, "Not fast, slow." So Jeremy said it as slow as he could. Once again, she said, "Good job Dad." She kept giving him different adjectives to say "Green means go." She had him do it loud and soft, fast and slow, etc. After each one, she very proudly said, "Good job Dad."

Clara is also obsessed with Happy and Sad as well as smiles and frown. She always wants me to draw a happy face and a sad face when she is drawing. She LOVES the song "If You Chance to Meet a Frown." But the funniest part about her obsession is when she puts her hands on my cheeks. She then pushes my cheeks up and says, "Happy." (She says it with a smile on her face and in a very happy voice.) She then pulls my cheeks down and says, "Sad." (She says that with a frown on her face and in the most sad voice she can muster at the time.) She then does it over and over again faster and faster. It is one of her most favorite games and it makes me laugh every time she's done it.

2 comments:

Jon, Keri, Addison, and Brooklyn said...

Addi has that same swimsuit as Clara:) She is getting so big! Good job on the bag I need to practice so I can learn how to sew!

Sharon Beck said...

I love the bag Sarah--and all the pockets. It will get lots of use. You're quite the seamstress and I'm glad I'm the recipient of one of your projects. :) Thanks!