Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy 4th!

Unfortunately, we didn't make an effort to attend any 4th of July celebrations this year, but I'm still so grateful for this country. I'm so grateful for the freedoms that we have. I'm grateful that we can be any religion we want without fear of persecution. I'm grateful we have the right to vote in the leaders of our country. I'm grateful for all the service men who protect this country from losing these wonderful rights.

On Saturday, we were able to attend the baptisms of our twin nephews Carter and Parker. I am so proud of their decision to make those covenants with their Heavenly Father. I didn't get any pictures, even though I brought my camera. Somehow the event was too sacred to interrupt it with flashes. But I could feel the spirit, which was such a comfort to me in our current life trials. Thanks Carter and Parker for inviting us to come!

I was reading a book this last week, and Jeremy was kind enough to play with Clara. I loved watching and listening to them interact with each other. I couldn't resist taking a picture of their little "lunch" together. In this picture, Clara is pouring Jeremy some water to go with his chips that he has to eat with a fork.After they were done playing, Clara decided to lay down on the couch "just like Mommy." I love it when she imitates us.Clara and Jeremy attended a BBQ without me on Saturday. When they got home, Clara ran and gave me the biggest hug and said, "I'm so glad you are here Mommy."

Sometimes I ask Clara questions and even though she knows the answer, she won't tell me. So I've gotten to where I'll say a wrong answer just to make sure she really knows. She will always correct me when I give a wrong answer. So the other day, Clara and I were putting a puzzle together that had Bert, Ernie, and Elmo on it. When it was nearly complete, Clara asked me what it was a puzzle of. I did the same thing to her that she usually does to me, I replied with an "I don't know, what is it?" Clara then asked, "Is it a puzzle of Jesus?" I said, "No, it's a puzzle of Bert, Ernie, and Elmo." Clara: "Oh I get it now." I had a good laugh after that little conversation. She is way too smart for me!

1 comment:

Mama's Makin's said...

So fun to have such precious time with daddy! She will be so much closer to him for those moments!