Monday, September 20, 2010

Crazy Busy Week

Jeremy has a full week of his 2 week job under his belt. He's not really sure how things are going, so I guess we'll have to wait until the end of this week to find out.

We've gone from working 18 hours a week to working about 100 hours a week between the 2 of us. Jeremy works 8 hours at his new job then he works about 4 hours a night at his part time job.

I've been subbing for a math teacher who is a friend of mine. She has had 3 major injuries in a month. She'll be having surgery soon, and so I'll be subbing for her while she's in pain and waiting for her surgery to happen. Then I'll be subbing for her while she recovers from her surgery. By the end of this week, I will have taught more days than she has.

After I get done substitute teaching, I usually have 4 tutoring appointments. I've even told some people no, and I still have more clients than I know what to do with.

And then there's Clara. She seems to be loving getting to go to a friends house every day. Of course, I'm struggling with it, but she doesn't mind at all. What she does mind is coming home. She cried when I picked her up on Friday, not wanting to leave. Then, since I tutor so much, she has to keep herself entertained. So when I'm finally done tutoring for the day, I try to play with her as much as possible.

So my house isn't as clean as I would like it to be, but at least we are earning us enough money to make it through another month or two if Jeremy doesn't get this full time job at the end of this week.

Here is a picture that I took just today. Clara loves to find sticks and write in the dirt in our back yard. She spends 30 minutes or more squatting like that every time we go outside. I love that she loves to draw. She'll constantly ask me to write her name, Mommy's name, and Daddy's name in the dirt. She'll then tell me the letters I write. I love how much she enjoys learning.
Jeremy's birthday was also this week. Jeremy got home around 9:30 that night, so we took him out for ice cream before the placed closed at 10, and then we came home and ate dinner at 11 pm that night. He was able to open gifts, but that was all we had time to do to celebrate his birthday!

The father of a close friend of the family's passed away this last week too, so we attended a funeral and I had my Mom come for a visit so she could attend the funeral too.

As I look back on this week, I really wonder how we had time to do everything we did! :)

2 comments:

Mama's Makin's said...

I am kinda jealous that you are subbing! I would LOVE to do that sometime. I don't really advertise that I tutor because it is just a lot of work - with kids etc. But the few times I have helped people out etc I REALLY miss it. :)

Don't worry about Clara, she loves you! My girls fight over who gets to sit by dad - NEITHER wants to sit by ME! They say dad is more fun cause he tickles them. ;) I could get all sad by it or just be happy that they love to do lots of things with lots of people! :) She loves you - and she does miss you! I promise!

Angie Miller said...

I read your blog, see your perspectives and think, "I think these guys might be translated soon." So glad for all these opportunities you are both having - we are praying for you!