Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving (finally)

Even though I brought our camera, I failed to get it out and actually take pictures on Thanksgiving. We has such a fun time that I didn't want to interrupt to take a bunch of pictures. We spent Thanksgiving weekend with Jeremy's family. It was great to see Mike and Genevieve from out of town. We spent every day of Thanksgiving break with the Becks. We played several games, saw the movie Tangled (I highly recommend it,) and of course, we ate and ate.

A couple of days before Black Friday, Jeremy and I decided to use some money he got as a bonus on Wii Fit Plus. As we were looking through Black Friday Ads (another Beck Thanksgiving tradition,) we found Wii Fit Plus for a great deal at Target. So I had my first Black Friday experience this weekend. I hate shopping and crowds, so the thought of both at once has me in a panic. But I put my fears aside for saving a few bucks and woke up at 2:45 am to be at Target by 3:05 am to wait in line until 4 am (which is when the store opened.) It was 10 degree weather and I thought my toes would freeze before the store finally opened. I was shocked to see a man try and rip a big screen TV out of a woman's hands. I was even more shocked to see the woman able to defend herself. It was crazy enough that store security had to come break up the fight. Crazy! But I did get our Wii Fit. I came home and went straight to bed. The first thing Jeremy did that morning was get it set up. He LOVES it. Clara loves to "play exercise" with us too. She'll march and run with us. Jeremy loves it so much that we took it everywhere with us this weekend. All his family got a chance to play it. I do have pictures of it being played, but I have a feeling that no one would be happy if I posted those pictures. :)

Another thing I did this week was finish all my Christmas shopping! Everything is wrapped (except for one last gift I'm waiting to come in the mail) and under the tree. I love having Christmas shopping out of the way!

Clara has discovered how much fun playing in the snow can be. She wore her snow pants for the first time today and LOVED not getting as cold. This girl will just walk around in snow. She tried so hard to make snowmen, but so far our snow is powder and I can't get a ball of snow to save my life. She gets disappointed, but quickly moves on to something else. I think Clara would spend the entire winter outside if I let her!

1 comment:

Jerrile said...

maybe she will be like Kathryn. when Kathryn was little like 18 mo. she would go outside in a snowsuit that didn't have much waterproofing because you couldn't find one. Anyway when she was wet through I would make her come in and she would just cry and cry. She got so mad at me that she threw a fit once she was inside and warm as well. I tried and tried to explain to her she could stay outside in the cold like that but she just didn't get it.