Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving?

When I picked Clara up from preschool this week, she looked like this:I wished I had brought my camera so that I could have gotten pictures of both the boys and the girls. They were all adorable in their construction paper costumes.

That's about all we've done so far to celebrate Thanksgiving. Christmas time comes so fast. We've already started the Christmas season in our house. On Saturday, we went to a Christmas Expo with some friends. Clara had so much fun looking at the Christmas trees. She truly loves Christmas and I have very high hopes for her actually wanting to sit on Santa's lap this year.

At the Christmas Expo, Clara got to meet Cinderella. This booth was advertising a company that sells princess dresses. This company also puts on birthday parties. Clara had so much fun looking at all the pretty dresses, shoes, and other princess accessories.

Clara also got to go fishing at the Christmas Expo. She was disappointed in the candy she got both the times she fished, but at least she loved getting to hold her little stick.

We ended our Christmas Expo experience by letting the kids play in this play house. The adults would take turns watching the kids while the other adults wandered about the shops. It was perfect. Clara had a very hard time saying good-bye to that play house.

I had such a fun time at the Expo, that I couldn't stop thinking about Christmas. I decided early Sunday morning (I had woken up at 5 am and couldn't fall back to sleep because I couldn't stop thinking about Christmas,) that I would put up our Christmas tree a little early this year. Clara got to help, so most of our ornaments are at the bottom of our tree, but she had a blast. She would open box after box trying to find everything there was to find to decorate our house for Christmas.

Here's a picture of our finished product. Clara played with that Nativity the whole rest of the day. I would also find Clara just staring at our Christmas tree. I love seeing Clara's eyes sparkle as she talks about Christmas.

I have a Christmas bell that I put out every year as part of our Christmas decorations. Clara found it and hasn't stopped ringing that bell. Every time she rings it, she shouts (as loud as she can) "It's Christmas time, it's Christmas time!" I love it! (Luckily I haven't gotten sick of it yet, but I'm sure that will come.)

No comments: