Monday, May 16, 2011

Field Trip to the Grocery Store

Clara's preschool class got to go see all the departments in a grocery store. The kids had so much fun and so did I!Clara has the best imagination ever. She found a walnut (our neighbors across the street have a walnut tree) and part of a bird's nest - which she thought looked like a blanket. Clara cared for her "baby walnut" for days. She would put it to bed, wake it up, feed it. It was pretty funny.Here Clara is "wearing" my hair. Clara loves to play with and stroke my hair. One night I decided to use my hair like a wig for her and Clara loved having long hair. Jeremy thought it was funny enough to take a picture.
  • We were driving home when Clara saw the moon out the car window. She must have been watching it for a while because she said excitedly, "The moon is coming with us!"
  • Clara got to bring home a helium balloon from her grocery store field trip. The next day, the balloon was on the floor - instead of floating in the air. Clara said, "Oh no! The balloon lost it's power!"
  • Our DVD player was acting weird this week. So I opened it up and looked inside to see if I could tell what was wrong. I was able to fix it and put it back together. When Clara's movie was working again she said, "You're a great fixer, Mama."
  • It's pretty rare that I get to shower before Clara gets up in the morning. I always tell her when I'm going to take a shower so that she doesn't freak out too much when she notices I've been gone for more than 5 minutes. So one day I said, "I'm going to jump in the shower now." Clara said, "We don't jump at home." I'm glad she's been listening to where she can and cannot jump!

1 comment:

theRach said...

Fun field trip! Also, Scott and I are sitting here, reading all of your Clara-isms, and laughing super-hard. What a funny kid you have. :)