Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day

I volunteered to watch some neighbor's kids overnight this week so they could get an early start on their Memorial Day weekend. Clara had so much fun getting to sleep over. They got to watch a movie right before bed to help settle them down. Then they all got to sleep in the same room. We all had so much fun.Saturday we spent with Jeremy's family going to 4 different cemeteries in the area. We then had a family BBQ which included good food and fun jump roping.We ended the evening by having an adult only dinner to celebrate John's birthday and retirement. Congratulations John, you are an amazing example to us and are so proud of your accomplishments! We stayed outside so long that both Jeremy and I got a sunburn. Mine was minor, but poor Jeremy is still hurting. These pictures don't do him justice.

We've been so busy this week, I didn't write down anything Clara said, so here's some that I remember...

  • Randomly Clara came up to me and said, "Mommy, I'm growing so big!" "That's right Clara." "But I'm not big enough to go to the temple yet."
  • As we kept going from one cemetery to the next, Clara said, "I want to go to a park that has rocks with no letters on them."

3 comments:

Mama's Makin's said...

ha ha the last clara is the best! LOL

The Emery's said...

Sara the address to the park is 1550 N. 100 E. I find it easiest to just go up 100 E. until you get there. Have fun and bring some snacks as you'll probably be there awhile! :)

Melanie said...

Uncle John retired? When? I enjoy reading what you are up to.