Monday, April 9, 2012

Busy Easter Weekend

Wednesday we were able to decorate eggs as a family, and Clara was in heaven. She loves to do anything artsy.  
Thursday, Clara had an Easter party during preschool and she loved getting to show me everything thing she got to bring home.
Friday, we got to decorate more eggs with my sister, which Clara was thrilled about.
 
The Easter Bunny comes on Saturday at our house so that we can focus on our Savior more on Easter Sunday.  Clara was so excited to run home and see what the Easter bunny had brought her. 
Here she's trying to make the same face that is on the Easter Egg.
And here she is quickly getting to paint one picture with her new paints before we had to leave to go hang out with cousins.
Also on Saturday, I got to attend my sister-in-law's baby shower.  This baby is their first, and it sure was fun to see how excited she is for her little boy to get here.
Sunday we got to go see our dear friends bless their twin boys.  They are such little miracles, and I'm so glad they are here and are healthy!
Also on Sunday, my grandmother came in from out of town for a small visit.  We got to have Easter dinner with her and visit with my family for most of the evening.  It felt like with everything we had going on that weekend, we ended up not focusing on our Savior as much as I would have liked.  But at least we had LOTS of time with extended family.
  • Clara decided that this hoola hoop was a picture frame. She made me take a lot of picture of her in this picture frame...
  • Clara was so excited to see her great grandmother.  Clara had met her before, but she was too little to remember.  Prior to Grandma Leanor coming, I talked to Clara about how we're related to her and things.  She ran to the door when the door bell rang so she could be the first to welcome her.  As soon as Clara saw her, she ran over to me in tears.  "That's not what my great grandma should look like."  Clara wouldn't talk to Grandma Leanor the rest of the evening.

No comments: