Monday, April 2, 2012

Early Easter

We had a wonderful weekend full of watching our church leaders speak to us.  My family was at my house the entire day on Saturday, and we ended the evening by eating some ice cream sundaes to celebrate my Mom's birthday.  Clara insisted that Jeremy take a picture of the two of us, and even though it looks like I'm strangling her, that is where Clara insisted my arm should be.
We got to do some early Easter celebrating when Jeremy's mom decided to do her Easter traditions a week early.  Clara was ecstatic to get to run around with her cousins looking for clues which would lead to an Easter Basket full of candy!  Thanks Sharon for all your hard work!
  • So last Monday, Clara came home from a friends house with a beautifully decorated Easter Egg.  The egg had been drained out of it, so it was just a hallow shell.  I told Clara that she needed to be careful with it because it could break very easily.  Later that day, she came in and said, "Look Mom, it doesn't break if I drop it from this high."  She continued to drop it from higher and higher up, attempting to prove to me that it wouldn't break.  Each time she went to drop it, I warned her to be careful because eventually it would break.  2 minutes later, she came running back to me with tears streaming down her face and a broken egg in her hand.  "Mom, I clapped once and it didn't break," came a very sad explanation.  "I clapped 2 times and it didn't break.  But I clapped 3 times, and it broke!  Can you tape it?"

No comments: