Saturday, July 14, 2012

Zachreson Family Reunion

I was in charge of my family reunion this year.  We held it July 3rd and 4th.  We had everyone staying at our house, and Clara was loving having so many cousins to play with.

We started our reunion by visiting the Salt Lake City Cemetery.  We saw a few relatives, but the one I always like to visit best is this one.  He was the first Zachreson.  He came over to Salt Lake from Sweeden.  Sweedish tradition changes last names depending on your father's first name.  Mathias's father was Zacharias Anderson, so Mathias was the first one whose last name was Zachreson.  It was fun to have a little family history lesson for the family reuion.
We then headed over to Kenecott Copper Mine.  The kids loved walking around the visitor center.  We ended up staying a lot longer than I planned.  I had assumed the kids would get bored quickly, but they were entertained for quite a while.
Of course we had to watch the big trucks working in the mine too.
We ended the evening with a very small firework show.  We just had smoke bombs, flowers, and sparklers, but the kids loved it all.
The next day we headed to a park and then played in the water!
After everyone had showered and were clean from the water, we took our family pictures.  We were missing both my sister-in-laws due to some unforeseen health issues, along with the newest grandchild (at the time...)  But here is a picture of all my siblings, their kids, and the spouses that could make it.
 I figured I would end the reunion with a bang, so we watched Thanksgiving Point's firework show from a near by park.
And the Zachreson Family reunion isn't complete with out a game of late night Monopoly!

No comments: