Monday, January 28, 2013

Memorial Day (and other random happenings)

We had such a fun Memorial Day.  We got to spend the majority of the day with just our little family, which is pretty rare.  We all hung out in the basement and got to just be ourselves.  Clara got to be a rock star and play with her legos.
That night we got to celebrate Jeremy's brother's birthday.  On the way to the party, Clara asked how old Uncle Michael was.  When I told her, she figured out how old he was the day before.  I was so proud of her because that's not an easy feat for someone who hasn't started kindergarten yet. 
We decided to have scripture study and prayer in Clara's room one night and she insisted that Joseph lay on the bed next to her.  I thought they were being so cute with each other.
I've started to babysit a lot.  I have two girls (ages 4 and 3) every day and then a little boy (3 years old) up to 3 days a week.  On a day I had all three extra kids, I over heard Clara reading to them and had to get a picture of the precious moment.
Clara has been very hesitant to read books because she is so afraid of getting the words wrong.  But she found this baby book that has the words next to a picture of what it is.  She has gotten so good at sounding out words because she can look at the picture and know what the word says!

No comments: