Monday, July 8, 2013

4th and 1st Birthday!

We were able to celebrate the 4th of July at our house again this year.  I loved the small gathering.  My mom is staying with us for a few weeks, so it was just her and our kiddos!  Joseph was a little afraid of the fireworks, but didn't cry as long as he could cling to me.
Clara loved the fireworks though.  While we were waiting for Jeremy to light another one, she would stand up in front of us, inform us what kind of firework she was, then jump with out stretched arms and legs as she screamed.  Sometimes her screams were high pitched, and others were a loud "Ka Boom!"  Thanks for the entertainment Clara!
For some reason, we always do the sparklers last.  Clara loved getting to have so many to herself!
We celebrated Joseph's first birthday on Saturday.  I can't believe my baby is one!  I am also so grateful we do not have the trials that we were having at this time last year!  I look back and wonder how on earth we were able to cope as well as we did.

He never actually pulled out the paper.  He loved the way it sounded too much!
 
Why is it that my cup cakes never look as good as the picture I found on pinterest to pattern them after?  Oh well, they still turned out pretty cute.
 Joseph loved his cupcake!
Also this week, Joseph has gotten to be a pro at pulling  himself up to standing.  And although he's not fully standing in this picture, it captured how proud he is of himself now that he can do it. (And the sticker on his forehead is from Big Sister....)
Clara's best friend (who also happens to live next door) decided they needed to wear dresses and be princesses.  They also decided that Joesph needed to be a princess too.
Then they went from Princesses to evil sisters who took princesses and made them show their underwear to everyone. 
And yes, they cackled the entire time they were stringing the Cinderella's up!

Since my Mom is staying with us for a couple of weeks, I get to borrow her van when I find myself needing a car.  The only downfall is that she doesn't have AC.  I had to get a picture of both my sweaty kids when they fell asleep in an extremely hot car.
And in case you couldn't tell how sweaty they were, here is a picture of Joe's car seat after I took him out....
Yuck!

No comments: