Monday, March 30, 2015

My Boys

I'm ready for Jackson to no longer need oxygen.  All the tubes get tangled, the monitors beep a LOT, and I feel like I can only see half of little Jack's face.  The quote from Hook when the little boy is pushing on Robin Williams face and says, "Oh there you are Peter!" keeps popping into my mind.  I feel like I'm looking at my little Jackson, but his real face is somewhere beyond all the tender grips and tubes!
Then there's my Joe.  He's up at 5 every morning these days, which means he's tired all morning long.  We have LOTS of tantrums until nap time.  To appease some of these tantrums, I'll ask him if he wants to cuddle with me on the rocking chair, which he usually happily agrees to.  One morning, he was sound asleep within just a few minutes.  Oh why oh why won't you sleep until you are no longer tired?
It's probably because he doesn't want to miss out on anything having to do with Jackson.  Joe always wants to hold him, and insists on feeding him a bottle all by himself.
He even got all the clean blankets and burp clothes out of the drawer so that baby Jackson wouldn't be cold!  At least he avoided covering Jack's face!
And then there is my Clara.  I know she isn't one of my boys, but boy am I loving who she is becoming.  She is seriously turned into such an amazing helper.  I didn't get any pictures of her this week, but she has definitely been present!  If I'm busy doing something and Jack starts to cry, Clara is the first person to run to him.  She can usually get him to stop crying all by herself too.  She is quick to do anything I ask her to do.  I definitely would be worse off without her HUGE help.  Thanks for being so amazing, Clara, even if everyone thinks your younger brothers are so cute that they don't pay much attention to you!

No comments: