Monday, July 27, 2015

Pioneer Day Activities

We started celebrating Pioneer Day this week by inviting my nephew over for a sleep over.  My brother moved from Orem to Rexburg this week and I tried helping him clean his apartment, but it was going nowhere fast with 4 kids.  So I offered to take my nephew home with me until they had everything packed and cleaned the next day.  Both boys were so excited to have a sleep over.  Emmett never once complained about missing Mom or Dad.  He was all smiles!
That night we were able to attend a family BBQ/birthday party on Jeremy's side of the family. I love that my children love their cousins so much.

On the actual Pioneer Day, I started the day by donating blood.  When I got there, I realized that it had been exactly one year since I last donated blood.  We found out we were expecting Jack just a short time after I donated. What a year this has been!
After I got back from donating blood, we headed to Seven Peaks with Dad!  The kids love it when Jeremy gets to come with us. Clara and Joe even tried the intermediate slides and Clara loved them!  I'm sure it won't take her too long before she wants to go down the big slides!

The next day was spent relaxing at home.  We finished up all our errands for the week the night before so we could just spend time as a family.  Oh how that was a much needed day!

No comments: