Friday, March 7, 2008

Wonderful Week

It seems as though there are more things to report this week than normal.

On Friday and Saturday, Jeremy worked on a midterm project for his class entitled: Rendering of the Human Head. He had to do 2 drawings from life and spend 2-3 hours each on them. From life means having someone sit for those 2 - 3 hours and draw them. So he did me, twice! I was amazed how hard it was to sit still for that long, especially with a baby. We did get to take a few breaks, but that just meant I had to remember my exact position! The results were worth it because I was pretty impressed with both drawings, but decided to put just one on the blog. Even though it doesn't look exactly like me, I think the details he did are amazing. He has improved so much since the beginning of the semester. He even decided to draw a person for a different class, something he never would have done before! I'm so proud of Jeremy for taking this class. He was not looking forward to it, but has done so well already!Clara turned 5 months old on Tuesday! I can't believe how big she's getting and how much stuff she can do! Clara started rolling over from her tummy to her back this week. She would only last a minute or two for tummy time, and then roll right over. However, that lasted only a few days. She has now learned to sit by herself, and since she has done that, she quit rolling over. At least she gets more tummy time now. I guess it's good that she's not mobile yet, but when she went from rolling over a lot to none, I started to worry. And I don't want to under emphasize the fact that she sits up! She can't go from laying down to sitting up on her own, but if I sit her up, she's pretty sturdy and can sit for quite a long time. Go Clara!This picture of Clara is a favorite because lately she sticks out her tongue when she smiles. She sometimes gets it pretty far out there, but I couldn't capture any of those on camera. I had to settle for a short tongue picture. However, as you can see, she looks pretty cute, even if she's sticking her tongue out at mommy and daddy all day long.This last picture of Clara is a candid shot. Jeremy takes TONS of pictures of her and will hit the button several times in a row just to see what he gets. Since she looks like she's about ready to punch someone out, I had to include it in my blog this week.My older brother came to visit me this week too. He lives in Sacramento and works as an engineer. He had some inspecting to do in Wells, NV due to the earthquake. They flew him into Salt Lake, and since he was so close, he deiced to stay over night just so he could visit his little sister and meet his niece. Thanks for coming, Dan, it was great having you here.

4 comments:

McDuffie Family said...

wow! He is really good at drawing faces. Not me that's for sure! Good for him. Clara is so pretty...I love the tongue smiles. Don't worry 'bout not rolling over anymore. Just keep workin with her. Gracie won't roll over. She has on accident, but not a huge fan. I didn't either when I was a baby. I didn't like to be on my tummy! Great that she's sitting up!

The Monroes said...

Clara is adorable. She looks like a happy baby.

Ericrazy said...

methinks that i'm gonna take a picture or two of some old art projects i have left over from high school :]

i'll post a blog about it just for YOU!!

^^

Amy said...

Jeremy has always been so talented! Clara's a lucky girl to have 2 loving parents!