Friday, April 4, 2008

6 Months

I can't believe Clara is already 6 months old today. She went in for her 6 month Dr. appointment and received 6 different shots today. She was screaming pretty good by the end, but she also calmed down as soon as I could pick her up. It still amazes me what a mother's love can do for a child. At her appointment, they weighed and measured her. She is 17 lbs 5 oz, which is the 78th %. Her height is 24", which is only the 8th %. I have to laugh at my very cute and adorable chubby little girl! (Her head circumference is 17" which is 72nd %.) Here are some recent photos of Clara:

These first few are Clara with her favorite people.On this photo, she had gotten the two cups on her feet by herself. She does that a lot because she is in the stage where she has to feel everything with her feet. However, it was the first time Dad had seen her do this, so he had to add the one on her head and take a picture. It came out pretty good!Clara used to put her hands behind her head all the time, and I thought it was so cute. However, now she seems to only do that while sleeping, so I took advantage of my favorite pose and I also got a bonus sleeping pose. Isn't she the cutest sleeper?This last photo is my new favorite picture of her. This picture captures Clara's normal personality. She is always smiling and happy, but when we try to take a picture, she is more interested in the camera than smiling. I'm glad she decided to keep smiling when we got the camera out this time.We are so blessed to have Clara in our life. Even though some days are hard, I can't remember what life was like without her. She brings such joy to our family. I thank our Heavenly Father everyday for the blessing of Clara. I know of so many people are unable to have children. I am so glad that is not our trial in this life and it causes me to appreciate what I do have. We love you Clara!

6 comments:

Genevieve Beck said...

I can't believe she's already six months old! She is such a beautiful, fun girl and I'm so glad she's in the family.

Randy And Chely said...

Wow! She is growing so fast. It seems like just yesterday we were bringing you dinner for having her. She almost weighs as much as Xander who just turned a year. lol. She's so cute!

Jeff said...

I am also in the 78th percentile for weight and the 8th for height. But it's not cute on me.

I would like to shine the way Clara does. She just seems to exude brightness and happiness.

McDuffie Family said...

Cute girl! She is doing well with the appts. Savanna was the same way........smile smile smile, but as soon as the camera was out......all serious! They just know :) Love her new trick! Gracie pivots now on her tummy!

Sharon Beck said...

I finally figured out how to comment on this. We LOVED the latest pictures. We got a laugh out of seeing Clara with the things on her toes and head. You got some good pictures of her! We missed you this weekend. Wasn't conference excellent! Hope you have a great weekend. Love, Grandma Beck

Amy said...

Oh, we hate those shots. :( What cute pictures! Clara is simply adorable! I'm glad you had a nice Easter too!