Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Project


Jeremy and I got a good deal on a used high chair. The problem is that when I was cleaning it today, the dusty smell turned out to be a very moldy seat cushion. I called the company that makes the high chair to see how much a new seat cover would be, and was surprised to learn that it would be the same price as what we paid for the chair. Not wanting to pay that much, I called my mother for suggestions. For a lot cheaper and only 3 hours of work, I made this seat cover myself. It was my first upholstery type project. I wasn't sure how good it would look in the end, especially since the only pattern I had was the old seat cover. Even though there's a few things I don't like, overall I'm really proud of myself and wanted to share my big accomplishment.

7 comments:

Tricia said...

I'm impressed Sarah - I wish I was better at doing things like that.

Randy And Chely said...

That is a great job Sarah! I'm getting the nerve up to make pillow covers for my couch and I'm scared to and they are just squares. lol

Michelle said...

Way to go, Sarah! I'm impressed by your pioneer-style resourcefulness. Make it do, or do without, eh? :)

ciara said...

Well hello there!! I love the blog. And don't mind me-I just added you to my list of fellow bloggers:) Your baby is darling!! She is always so happy! What a cutie!

McDuffie Family said...

That is awesome! You need to teach me your many successes! You'd think they would sell seat covers for cheaper,'cuz let's face it........they get worn and put to very good use that it wont last through every child!

Sharon Beck said...

Good for you Sarah! I like the one you made more than the original! See how much money you save by being creative and being a stay-at-home mom!
Sharon

Amy said...

You did great. It looks very chic! Thanks again for coming to Danielle's baptism. I wish we had more time with you guys!