Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Growing Up

I'm writing on Wednesday of this week because we leave for Montana tomorrow morning, so I won't be able to post on Friday. I'm not sure how many of you look forward to reading my blog as much as I like writing, so I decided I would rather post early than not at all. I'll have to post early next week as well since we're headed to AZ next Thursday. (I'm sure that was way more information than any of you needed to know.)

Clara is growing up way too fast. It seems like every time I take her out of bed in the morning, she gets closer to being a little girl and no longer a baby. She learned 3 new things this week, even though it has only been 3 days. She has learned how to pick up very small objects. That means she can feed herself - yea! But that also means she can now put things in her mouth that she can choke on - boo! She has also learned how to use her sippy cup. She normally uses the handles, but since I had the camera out, I guess she wanted to show off. :)The last thing that Clara learned to do this week, is cruise along the furniture. That makes me realize how quickly my little baby is growing up. She can do so many things for herself now. She can happily play by herself too, which is the plus side to all this change. Her little personality is really starting to show now and I love watching her discover things for herself. She is so inquisitive, which gets her into trouble a lot, but that means she also figures things out too.

Her new noise for the week is breathing heavily through her nose. She loves that sound and I hear it often through out the day. It makes me laugh every time I hear it though. I sure do love our little girl.

5 comments:

Maria said...

It only gets more and more fun!

Emily said...

I'm excited to see little Clara again. Last time I saw her she was mostly just looking cute. I'm sad to hear that she's cruising around cause I love her chubby cheeks and round face. Have fun in Montana and Arizona.

Suzi said...

I think she makes the breathing noise because she likes your laugh.
And FYI I look forward to reading your blog!

McDuffie Family said...

Wow! These are big steps......it helps them become more independent. It's a bitter sweet moment I always think! THat's awesome! You guys sound busy! have fun!

ciara said...

Your right, Clara is growing up so fast! Everytime I see her she gets bigger and cuter:) Thank heavens for cameras and video cameras to capture the moment!