Friday, July 11, 2008

Sick

Clara has been so sick this last week. It's the sickest I've ever seen her, and I called my pediatrician twice about it. It started with a fever last Thursday, which didn't break until Sunday. All weekend long, she either layed on Mom or Dad's chest or on the floor. She just wasn't herself as she didn't have any desire to go crawling or playing around. It was so sad.On Monday we took her to her 9 month Dr. appointment. She had lost 6 oz since her 6 month check up. That concerned me, but her pediatrician didn't seem worried. Her head circumference is still in the 80 percentile, but her weight dropped to 17% and her height dropped to 1%. At least her weight and height are starting to match. She definitely is starting to thin out. I'm just glad she still has rolls. It will be a sad day for me when all her baby fat is gone.

Also this week, I've started to watch my friend's baby. She had to start working again now that her maternity leave is up. Clara doesn't quite know how to react to baby Addi. Mostly she just goes and sits by her when she cries. Other times she will try to crawl over her if baby Addi is in her way.

5 comments:

Camille Beck said...

So sweet! She looks so cute and sad.

LaChelle said...

How sad. Hopefully she gets back to normal soon!

Amy said...

I know I just love "chubby-bubby fat kids"! *shout out to Mandy*
So sorry she got so sick. It's awful. I'm glad the Dr. isn't worried.
Good luck with the 2 little ones. :)
Clara sounds sweet with Addie.

Mandy said...

Oh so sad! Isn't it the worst when they are sick. Emma has been sick as well the past couple weeks...cough won't go away. I seriously hate it when she's sick. Clara is so precious, what a beautiful little girl! I want to meet her. Can you believe they are going to be turning one soon?

Tiffany said...

Oh, she looks so cute and so sad at the same time! Don't worry about the weight yet, that's why they build that fat up for when they need it, and it sounds like she's needed it lately! We've had a head cold. Having prego sickness and a head cold is more than I bargained for! I hope she is doing better! She is super cute and precious! I love her eyes!