Friday, July 18, 2008

Hear No Evil

So I went in one night this week, and Clara was covering both her ears. I thought it was a little funny. It made me think that she was trying to be the "Hear No Evil" Monkey.Clara is feeling much better and has seemed to go from lying on the floor all day to moving so fast I can't keep up with her. Clara has turned into quite the little explorer. She is now not only crawling and pulling herself up to standing, but she is climbing on things. We put a portable crib (still all folded up) in front of our TV to make the buttons out of reach. However, yesterday, she climbed on top of the portable crib and could then very easily reach those buttons she loves to play with. So now it's back to telling her no, pulling her away from the TV and trying to distract her from it, which only works for about 30 seconds and then she's crawling right back over to the TV. I feel like it's a losing battle, but one day she will learn what "Please don't touch that means." Right?

2 comments:

The Emery's said...

She is such a doll! I love her big eyes they're beautiful! And that picture of her hands over her ears is so darn cute! I'm glad to hear that Clara is getting into stuff now. It doesn't make me feel as bad that Cole was trying to get into all your stuff. He was just warming you up for Clara it sounds like. :)

Sharon Beck said...

Clara is growing up fast. So glad she has a Moma at home that she can imitate. How can she not grow up knowing how to do things when she has a mother that does it all! I love you guys!