Friday, November 21, 2008

Peace, Be Still

Since I know pictures are the most important for my readers, I'll post those first and then write all the "boring" stuff.

We turned on the Wizard of Oz a few days ago, and Clara stopped playing and just sat and watched all the little munchkins. She was mezmorized by it. I thought it was so funny with how still she was.A while later, we looked over and found her like this: I wonder how that could be comfortable for her!This week has been a hard week for Jeremy and I. The storms of life seem to be raging all around us right now. Not that anything happened that is horrible, but just that it made me think of the scripture in Matthew 8 where his disciples are in a ship with Jesus. A great storm arose, but Jesus was sleeping. Upon awakening Him so that He could save them, Jesus said, "O ye of little faith." Jesus then caused a great calm. Even though this storm seems to be raging all around us, there is a great calm in my heart. I am so grateful for the trials that bring us closer to our Savior. I am so grateful for the things that allow us to prove our great faith to our Father in Heaven. I know He is watching over us. I know that "if ye are prepared ye shall not fear." I am so grateful for prophets whose words can guide us to the things we need to do to be prepared. I am so grateful we listened to our prophets so that in this time of trouble, we are not afraid. I am so grateful for our scriptures, and for my daily scripture reading. It has helped me so that as these challenges come up, I can think of the scriptures that I can read for comfort to help me and guide me safely through them. We truly have so many more blessings in our lives than struggles. I think we all need to focus more on our blessings rather than our set backs. When we do, our set backs seem insignificant and easier to pass through.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, kiddo! And, oh my gosh, Clara sitting in the pink bin is TOO cute! She should be in child modeling:) I too find the munchkins strangely fascinating!

Mandy said...

Amen to that. That was all said so beautifully!
Those pictures of Clara are so precious. Love her. Gotta love the classic, WIZARD OF OZ.
By the way, YES I know Jeff Beck. Hello, we SO didn't connect that until now? Funny funny. Yes, Jeff is such an awesome person. He was ALWAYS SO nice.

Kent said...

You guys have such a great perspective. What amazing people you both are! I am sure everything will work out just how it is supposed to. In the meantime, please let me know if I can do anything for you guys.

Danielle said...

Clara is so cute. Her hair is coming in too. Katy is a little bald baby and I love it.

Tricia said...

How cute that Clara watches TV. Bradley has just started to take an interest in it and it has been SO nice to get a little break. Good luck with your trial - we will keep you guys in our prayers.

Sharon Beck said...

I loved the pictures! Clara is so observant. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the storms of life, Sarah. All of us need to be reminded of how truly blessed we are. You guys have a lot of faith and I know you will be all right. Jeremy really has never had a hard time getting a job. Who knows maybe he'll get his best job yet!

LaChelle said...

Thanks for the reminder. I've always admired your faith.